Monday 8 April 2013

Batiste Development // Batiste for Festivals

As it is coming up to Summer and lots of people will be preparing for festival season, a dry shampoo is a must-have for a lot of girls to keep their hair fresh.

To begin with, like with the other designs I have drawn up some illustrations that fit in with the fragrance/ identity.

Wellies, big top tents and bunting are all definitely things you may find at a festival.





I have decided to use bright colours so that the bottles are eye catching and have 'stand out shelf appeal' like the brief asks for while also trying to keep the colours quite feminine to attract the girls.  I have used a limited amount of colours to reduce the risk of my designs looking too busy.

So far this is how my design looks when mocked up onto the can. I still need to add:

  • the brand name (batiste dry shampoo) on a banner, like the official existing designs
  • the flavour/identity
  • try and make the mock-up look more realistic


I think what is making the bottle look so flat is because there is quite a lot of sky, so to break it up I have decided to add these teardrop, almost paisley drawings to the sky to break it up a little.









No comments:

Post a Comment