Sunday 5 May 2013

What is Good // Bunting // IN THE MAKING

I've got triangles coming out my ears!

Thanks to a few of my friends donations of fabrics/old clothes and some old bed sheets I had lying around and a bag of £1 off cuts from the market I have been able to cut out hundreds of triangles of fabric in preparation for making and selling the bunting.

Re-using old materials means that I can keep the cost of actually making the bunting as low as possible which then means I can sell it for an affordable price.  (which is something I think is important - I hate being ripped off).  Also as the money from this project is going to Charity I would like to sell lots of bunting, and more people will invest if it is affordable.

As I wish to attract as large a target market as I can, I am making bunting out of patterns which aren't just the stereotypical ditsy floral patterns, as I spoke about in my presentation.  

You can see below the first strip is a more autumny coloured batch 
The second is much more feminine
The third, I like to call the "Tomboy" range as it has more blue colours and checks and stripes rather than flowers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment