Saturday 4 May 2013

What is Good? // Bunting // Experiments

At the beginning of the project I was originally going to inform people of how to make bunting and one of my idea's (as you can see in my context blog and research booklet) was to teach people how to make crochet triangle bunting.  In order to do this, I thought that I would have to learn how to do this myself first, so I got my friend to teach me, initially it took me ages to learn but eventually got the hang of it.




I decided against this method in the end, as it is very time consuming and I could not understand the tutorials of how to make crocheted triangles.  However I do really enjoy crocheting and in the summer when I have more time I wish to continue with it as there are many things that you can produce from crocheting (see my DC blog) and it could be a possibility for graphic outcomes in the future.


Another experiment which I carried out was embroidery.  In the inital stages of the project when I didn't have a concrete concept I thought that perhaps I'd use embroidery.  I think it could work for the poster to go in the window of Mamsys however, so I shall experiment with sewing through paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment