Thursday 10 January 2013

Design for Print & Web // On Yer Bike Crit Feedback

In preparation for the critique on wednesday I put together a presentation so when I was pitching my work it would flow better.  Below I have included some visual research mostly of images that I find the aesthetics interesting or similar to my style.  




If I have time I would like to create something like the typography below, as a road is a giant blank canvas and gives room for words whereas with the signposts there is not a lot of space to work with.



I started off by looking at pre existing maps for Leeds City Centre and decided they were too cluttered and busy to be easily understood while cycling and for tourists.  I wish to make a simplified and legible version of the map.



For the map I began making these symbols to use in the key and to pin point areas of interest to tourists.  


Here is a small booklet containing information about why you should choose cycling over public transport and top 10 attractions to visit in Leeds.  On the reverse of the paper will be the map.  This booklet could be find in tourist info centres and also places you can hire bikes from for example the bike shop opposite Leeds Train Station.  Inside the book I will pinpoint places where bike hire is available.





Overall Critique Feedback:  Think through the colour, try different colour ways to see what works best.
Choose a different type face, perhaps sans serif to make it easier to understand and take the script writing off the symbols.


No comments:

Post a Comment