Tuesday 22 January 2013

ISTD // Map & Information Booklet

Below is a final screen shot of the map I have designed for 'On yer Bike.'  I have pinpointed area's of interest for tourists on the map.  On the actual map I have made the icons black to simplify them and make it look less busy as, as I was designing the map I came to realise that a lot of tourist attractions in Leeds are very close to each other.  I am looking forward to getting some feedback at the final crit as I have been looking at this for so long now that it will be nice to get a fresh response.  


I enjoyed designing the icons as I love illustration however I found creating a map extremely tedious as I am not very good at handling a lot of information but at least I now have a bit of experience incase I ever have to design a map again.  The original icons had a script typeface called 'lavanderia' which proved difficult to read in the previous critique so I have chosen 'Claire Hand' instead as it is sans serif and simple enough to read, it's also quite youthful looking which I thought fit the style of my design and the nature of the project.








Here is a screen shot of the information part of the booklet:


This booklet will be printed on A3 so it will be legible and it is a hot-dog fold, that's why it is laid out like this.  Information included in the booklet:






I hope that by informing people of safe places to store and hire bikes from and providing them with routes around the city then it will encourage them to cycle more.




No comments:

Post a Comment